Thursday, April 25, 2013

The long and short of it

I've been working with the idea of interchangeable jewelry (teaser...thats the focus of my project in Cynthia's upcoming book).  I like the idea that jewelry can be art that the viewer/observer actually interacts with so it makes sense that I push that idea a little further and construct pieces that the wearer has to the ability to change.

Long, slip over the head necklace

Folding the necklace in 1/2 
I have several pieces like this on my work table right now with the possibility of a long necklace, short necklace and bracelet all combined into one piece. Connections will make all the difference and I want to take the time to work the idea through so that every option is as comfortable and wearable as the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment